Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Bissell 16N5 Healthy Home Vacuum Cleaner Review

The Bissell "Healthy Home Upright Vacuum Cleaner" bagless model 16N5 has a retail price of $249.99. I got one for my Houston auto insurance agency from an online company for $174 delivered. After a few weeks my wife made me bring it home because it is better than what we have at the house. So it has been used for business and home use.

I selected this machine after reading reviews that were mostly positive. My box did not come with an owner's manual but everything is simple so I can do without that. There were only 2 pieces to install with 2 screws each, and that was easy (hint: put the handle on first and then install the cord holder). The usual tools were included and they are adequate, however a longer extension would be better.

The model 16N5 has a 15" wide sweeper and that makes vacuuming faster. Suction and cleaning power are good. The machine seems especially good at picking up pet hair. The box talks about great edge cleaning but it doesn't pick up all dirt along the edges (I have not had any vacuum's that are really good at cleaning edges). The brush automatically stops when the cleaner is upright and that is a good feature. There is a HEPA filter, and the air doesn't smell dusty when cleaning. Most vacuums have a one year warranty but the Bissell "Health Home" includes a five year warranty. Other features include a headlight and a lifetime belt.

Negatives include the dust tank that doesn't hold much, and needs to be emptied frequently. And the machine is a little on the heavy side for carrying it up and down stairs.

Overall I think the Bissell 16N5 is a good value for the money.

Friends Link : Kitchen Remodelers Goose Feather ECO Kettle

No comments:

Post a Comment